by Harley Nott
If you’re looking for an authentic English experience, a chance to meet and get to know some locals and are happy with 3/4 star comfort – read on.
Planning a trip to London in 2020? Before you book your accommodation check out The Coach House.
What makes it special?
* You have your own little cottage with your own private entrance, all to yourself (no other guests) set in a charming garden.
* You’re served a delicious breakfast every day in “the big house” by your hosts – saving money by just needing a light snack for lunch.
* You have real “contact with the natives”. Your hosts, Harley and Meena, while serving you breakfast are there to chat, answer any questions about London, UK – or anything else and give you an insight into their lives. They also like to hear about you!
* It’s excellent value for money – for 5 people it works out at £44 / US$54 per person per night.
The Coach House is mentioned in several London guide books and has great Trip Advisor reviews. It already has several bookings for spring and summer 2020, there’s only one Coach House, so check availability and book now if you want to stay.
Warning. Don’t book if you are looking for 5 star hotel-style accommodation, The Coach House is not for you.
But if you’re looking for a truly English experience, a chance to meet and get to know some locals and are happy with 3/4 star comfort –The Coach House is the place to stay. View our short video.
PS. We also have some 40 London vacation rentals, houses and apartments for 2 to 10 people.
by Harley Nott
Vacation rentals with a concierge service – surely a contradiction in terms?
Not if you stay in London, New York or Rome with Coach House Rentals.
Unlike other vacation rentals services where you’re on your own, often at the mercy of the non-resident owner, Coach House Rentals provides a full concierge service from the moment you arrive at the airport to the moment you depart.
Our “service with a difference” starts with the booking process: an excellent web site – chsrentals.com, real people to exchange emails with and talk to if necessary to help you decide the best rental for you and a safe and secure booking system – no danger of correspondence being intercepted and money being diverted to the fraudster’s account.
We will arrange a car to meet you at the airport and will be at your rental when you arrive to greet you, hand over the keys, explain how everything works and answer any questions. And during your stay we’ll provide a 24/7 help line to call if you have any problems or have any questions about what to do and how to do it.
Coach House Rentals is a well established company. We’ve been in business since 2001 and although we’re small we have a very high reputation with 35% of our bookings being repeat or recommended by friends. We have a range of properties on our books ranging from simple one bedroom apartments to houses with 4 double bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
Having been born and having lived in London for many decades, I and all Londoners are outraged by the recent pronouncement by Donald Trump that “parts of London are so radicalised that the police are frighten for their lives”. This is complete and utter nonsense. I would happily visit any part of London during the day or at night and to claim that the police are frightened for their lives is simply ridiculous.
Normally I would not presume to comment publically about American politics but the thought that Donald Trump, a man with such misguided and ill informed views, is currently the leading contender for the Republican nomination and could be elected in 2016 as the 45th American President and the next ‘Leader of the Free World’ fills me and many others with horror.
There are reputedly more than 2 million Muslims now living in the U.K. They regard themselves as British and are integrated into British Society living normal, peaceful lives like any other citizens of this country. Yes, there has been some radicalisation amongst usually young men and women, but we are talking about a few hundred not thousands or tens of thousands. The vast majority of British Muslims abhor this radicalisation, which is a complete corruption of the teachings of the Quran.
You may ask why we do not just disregard the untrue assertions of Donald Trump but there are implications. London is an attraction for tourists, and some 3 million visitors come to here every year including many, many Americans. If people believe Donald Trump’s irresponsible statements they will be deterred from coming here and economic consequences for our city would be significant.
Whilst any loss of life is tragic, in conclusion let us put things into perspective:-
- The worst Islamist atrocity in New York was the 9/11 destruction of the twin towers in 2001 when nearly 3,000 people including non-American lost their lives. In 2015 alone there have been six terrorist incidents in the US culminating in the San Bernadino shooting on the 2nd December when 14 people were killed.
- In contrast the worst Islamist atrocity in London occurred on the 7th July 2005 when 56 people were killed by 4 suicide bombers Since 2005 until the present time there have only been 4 further terrorist incidents in Britain with minimal loss of life.
- The murder count for 2014 for New York was 328.
- The murder count for 2014 for London was 93.
Life involves a degree of risk although one does ones best to minimise it. However I would not be deterred from visiting New York or other cities in the US because of the above statistics. In turn I would hope that potential visitors to London will not be taken in by Trump’s ignorance and take a common sense view.
If considering a visit to London go to www.chsrentals.com/london for your London Vacation Rental.
by Harley Nott
We regularly hear of people who have been scammed booking their vacation rental via Craigslist or one of the many listing sites.
Sure – you might get a bargain, but while most ads are genuine, the sad fact remains that there are many fraudsters out there and these sites are an ideal environment for them.
Play it safe and book with a reputable company. Coach House Rentals has been in business since 2001 and we have had several thousand happy, satisfied guests.