by Harley Nott
How to afford a family trip to London.
This year you CAN afford a family trip to London!
1. Because the British Pound is at its lowest rate ever against the USD (GBP/USD 1.22) and many other currencies, and
2. Because if you stay in a vacation rental, rather than in a hotel, it’s much much cheaper especially for 3 or more people travelling together
A vacation rental is also better because:
• preparing some of your own meals or getting take-aways is much more cost effective than always eating in restaurants,
• with a vacation rental you get more space
• there’s no need to dress up or “put on a face” to go out of your room.
And, as an added bonus, you get to experience the city like a local.
Here are some of our best value properties.
Property THD. Spacious modern open-plan house in picturesque old London – sleeps 8 (3 doubles, 1 twin, 4 bathrooms) £330 (USD400) / night, or £41 (USD50) per person per night.
Property WML. Large family house in trendy Pimlico – sleeps 8 (2 doubles, 2 twins, 3 bathrooms) £265 (USD320) / night, that’s £33 (USD40) per person per night.
Property VAU. Modern Pimlico apartment boasting views across the London skyline, with aircon – sleeps 5 (1 double, 1 single, 1 double sofa-bed, 2 bathrooms) £195 (USD235) / night, £39 (USD47) per person per night.
Property BSH. Classic “English style” flat close to the river in Fulham – sleeps 4 (2 doubles, 1 bathroom) £135 (USD165) / night or £34 (USD41) per person per night.
Property ETW. Great value, modern 7/8th floor flat with private balcony and view of Battersea Park – sleeps 4 (2 doubles, 1 bathroom) £125 (USD150) / night, £31 (USD38) per person per night.
These are really nice properties, not crummy hotel rooms that you’d be paying at least twice as much for.
What’s more, unlike Airbnb, we look after you with a full concierge service as well. We’ve been in business and looking after our London guests since 2001, read the reviews on the property pages.
We only have a small number of these great London rentals, when they’re gone, they’re gone so you need to move fast if you don’t want to miss out.
PS. If you’re looking for a truly English experience and a chance to meet and get to know some locals – try The Coach House.