Month: July 2019
How to holiday in London and save money
1. With a Pound costing just US$1.22 London has never been as cheap for overseas visitors.
Now is the time to come to get more bang for your bucks.
2. Stay in a vacation rental rather than a hotel because:
* With a vacation rental you get more space
* There’s no need to dress up or “put on a face” to go out of your room
* It’s cheaper – especially for a party of 3 or more people and for a group
* It’s more practical, preparing some of your own meals or getting take-aways is cheaper than always eating in restaurants, foodies can buy and sample the local specialities.
Rather than chance an Airbnb, at Coach House Rentals we’ve been looking after our guests since 2001. You’ll find us in several London guide books: Frommers, Rick Steves, National Geographic, Marco Polo, and you get our full concierge service.
3. Make full use of the FREE attractions.
Unlike the museums and art galleries of most capital cities, in London most are FREE! Here are the top ten:
Sitting grandly on the banks of the Thames is Tate Modern, Britain’s national museum of modern and contemporary art. Its unique shape is due to it previously being a power station. The gallery’s restaurants offer fabulous views across the city. Some exhibitions require tickets.
The world-famous British Museum exhibits the works of man from prehistoric to modern times, from around the world. Highlights include the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon sculptures and the mummies in the Ancient Egypt collection. Some exhibitions require tickets.